How to view which Virtual Machines have Snapshots in VMware
January 16, 2014
This is a question that I have been asked quite a lot recently. I have found multiple ways to do this but 2 are ones that I have used and find the most suitable.
- Using vSphere Client
- In vCenter go to: Home > Inventory > Datastores and Datastore Clusters
- Select your cluster in the left panel
- Choose “Storage Views” tab in the right pane.
- Sort by “Snapshot Space”
- Anything with more than 0.00b has a snapshot present
- Using Power CLI
- Connect to vCenter with PowerCLI
- Run this command: get-vm | get-snapshot | format-list vm,name
You may also be interested in this article: Email Report Virtual Machine Snapshots
20 Sep 2018
26 Jul 2016
17 Jan 2016