I had a requirement for some of our security camera servers to login automatically now on a normal standalone computer this is easy but on a domain it gets more complicated.
So how did I overcome this?
I found a very useful Microsoft KB article and adapted it to work with a domain account, see below for my adapted version.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key:1HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- Double click DefaultDomainName, and type your domain name in here, Click OK
- Double click DefaultUserName, and type your username in here, Click OK
- Double click DefaultPassword, and type your password in here, Click OK
- Double click the AutoAdminLogon entry, type 1 in the Value Data box, and then click OK.
- If any of the above done exist create them as below
- In Registry Editor, click Edit, click New, and then click String Value.
- Type <KeyName> as the value name, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the newly created key, and then type your password in the Value Data box.
- Restart the computer / server and watch it logon!