Recently I have been playing in my lab with VCSA and vCNS, I found that when I tried to connect to the vCenter I received this error:
Failed to connect to VMware Lookup Service.
SSL certificate verification failed.
I was stuck for a little while as to why I was getting this error, then I noticed that the SSL Cert had a different name to the appliance due to it being deployed and then renamed. Lucky for me the fix for this is very simple!
- Go to http://
- Click the “Admin” tab
- Change “Certificate regeneration enalbed” to yes, this is either done with a toggle button to the right or radio button depending on the VCSA Version.
- Restart the vCenter Appliance
- Once the Appliance reboots it will re-generate the certificates
- Change “Certificate regeneration enalbed” to no, this is either done with a toggle button to the right or radio button depending on the VCSA Version.
try to reconnect your appliance / application to vCenter and it should work no problems.